» Storage Hot-Spot & Bottleneck Analysis
» Server Level IO Bottleneck Analysis
|The Hot-Spot & Bottleneck Analysis is a pro-active approach to reducing reactive fires & storage infrastructure downtime by pin-pointing unbalanced load due to Fan-out or IO Load distribution. It can identify Hot-Spots at Disk Adaptor or Physical Disk levels, Hot-Spots at RAID Group or Storage Pool levels and Bottlenecks due to 100% utilization at front-end/back-end/disk-levels.
Critical key metrics are identified that are causing the bottleneck using component level Heat Charts. (e.g. IOPS, MBPS, Cache-hits, Write-pending, Read vs. Write, Sequential vs. Random, Block Sizes & IO Queues)
What do you get?
A PDF Report that provides visualizations for all IO performance issues listed
- Identify the issue with a timeline chart
- Identify performance metrics crossing thresholds
- Heat Charts showing the utilizations at component levels
- CSV extract, if needed
What do you need to do?
- Collect performance & configuration data as directed by Interscape
- Export performance data from current OEM tools, if needed
- Upload data to secured Perfonics™ FTP site
What we do?
- As soon as we receive the data, we will process the data and start the analytics
- Create a PDF Report that will identify all performance issues
- Review the report with you (online or conference call)
How does it help you?
- Provides insight into your IO Sub-system at the storage array level
- Help visualize IO load across storage components (Front-end, Back-end, Disks, Devices, Cache, Storage Pools, RAID Groups etc.)
- Helps decide which Front-end ports to use for next host provisioning to balance load properly and which ports to avoid
- What is the headroom available for additional load
- Helps manage capacity utilizations vs. resource utilizations
- Provides input into the capacity planning model at array level
How long does it take?
- 3 days (sooner if needed)
What type of data is needed?
- CLI outputs (e.g. EMC symcli data, navicli data etc.)
- Performance data files (e.g. EMC WLA/SPA, HDS Tuning Mgr etc.)
What Storage Platforms are supported?
- EMC (VMAX, VNX, CLARiiON, Celerra)
- HDS (USP-V, VSP)
- IBM (DS8300, SVC, XIV)
- HP (XP 24000)
- New platforms can be added on request within 2-4 weeks
What does it cost?
- Starts at 5TB/5 Host - $2450
- Additional options can scale to multi-petabytes
How do I start?
- Click on the link to send us a note and we will contact you email@example.com
- Please call us at 732.868.6320 during 8am – 5pm EST